The KTL Factory
The KTL Factory is situated in Malaysia right in the area where this unique species of wood grows. Hevea, also known as Rubber Wood, is a tree that is farmed for its latex production over a period of 25 years before it is felled to harvest its wood.
Hevea is always a green timber with no threat of extinction. It is used in the flooring and furniture industry but worldwide it is huge in the wooden sports flooring industry as Hevea is a hardwood similar in color to that of Maple.
KTL is a specialist hardwood sports flooring factory that has around 30 systems including T&G sports flooring for all ball sports like basketball, racquetball, as well as for the fitness industry like aerobics floors, and home gyms. KTL also manufactures portable basketball courts as well as sprung subfloor systems ready to be covered by various floor coverings.
The KTL factory has been in existence since 1966. KTL is a partner in FIBA and all their systems conform to FIBA specification and has every EN Standard available for the sports floor industry. KTL Floors have been installed across the world; throughout Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Middle East and Africa. They have done floors for very famous teams including the Real Madrid basketball court at their home ground in Spain.
KTL SPORTS FLOORING CERTIFICATION:
- Fully complies with the stringent international standard EN 14904:2006.
- Tested by the Technological Institute of Denmark.
- Marked CE in accordance with the EN 14342:2005+A1:2008 and EN 13629 standards.
- International Basketball Federation (FIBA) Venue and Equipment Approved – Wooden Flooring Category for Competition Levels 1,2, and 3.
SOLID HEVEA SPORTS FLOORING T&G
Our Signature Product
The construction of our Hevea is all solid wood two strip laminated and is a finger jointed to set lengths. The advantage of this construction is stability. Our floor is up to 50% more stable than other solid sports floors. The set lengths in sports flooring is vital when nailing onto sleepers which ensures that the end-matched header joints always land on preset sleeper centers.
The boards are lacquered on the backside to obtain optimal moisture stability as well as all header joints at the end-matches are waxed. The Floors are all milled square edged and a maximum variance in height difference allowed between two boards is 0.02mm. Each floorboard is 100% perfectly milled, perfectly straight and perfectly tight fitting to its surrounding boards without exception.
We can supply our T&G as follows:
- Factory-sealed to a matt, semi-gloss or high gloss finish to EN 14904:2006 for friction.
- Un-finished and factory sanded to a 40 grit for racquetball courts
Our T&G can be installed as follows:
PORTABLE BASKETBALL COURTS
Hevea Portable Basketball Courts
Our KTL Portable basketball courts can be shipped with all Logos and line markings pre-painted.
These markings are all under the sealer so they do not wear off with play and the sealer being a factory UV cured sealer makes them much stronger that a site sealed sealer.
Here are some examples of our pre-pained markings and logos. These pictures are all installation of our KTL floors in use in the USA.
KTL Professional Portable Sports Flooring
KTL Portable Systems are the ultimate floor solutions for sports halls, arenas and commercial areas where flexible floors are required. KTL offers different portable systems, each designed to meet specific demands and performance criteria.
- Flexi-Lock clip/nylon connections for fast, safe and tight connection at all time of the light weight panels.
- All floor solutions are individually supplied with customized wood moisture to suit specific local climatic conditions, securing full stability of panels from day one. No on-site conditioning required! Lacquered on both front and back side for optimal stability of panels.
- Customized court designs.
KTL is well known for it’s high quality products and its ability to offer unique customized flooring solutions that matches local climatic conditions all over the world.
12mm FlexiPro – SQUARE EDGE SPRUNG SUBFLOOR FOR GLUE DOWN T&G
- ½ inch (12mm) birch plywood installation at the 27,000ft2 Ollerup Arena
- Panels are 610 x 2440mm, with rubber strips slotted in grooves on the back
- Loose lay out the plywood with 2mm gaps all round
- Glue you solid Hevea flooring boards down to the plywood
- Gluing down can be done by hand spread or by mechanical spread with 2 – 3 staples per board
- Install rate of the subfloor at 5000 ft2 per day with two installers.
- It’s tested and FIBA 2020-2023 approved.
- Elastic Adhesive – which we normally estimate to 0.15Lbs/ft2.
T&G SPRUNG SUBFLOOR SYSTEM FOR SHEET VINYL, DRYBACK LVT OR NAILDOWN HARDWOOD
SPECIFICATION SHEET – CLICK HERE.
KTL FlexiPro 21 base floor:
Area elastic base sports floor of 21x575x2200mm birch ply sheets, supported by continuous elastic EvaZote rubber strips in 10mm / 8mm thickness, recessed / glued into grooves on the panel underside.
Special tongue/groove profiles along all 4 sides of panels secure fast and safe connection by gluing into one floating area.
Sub floor height including rubbers is: 26mm.
The base floor complies with EN 14904. 5000f2 installed in one day with two installers.